Blessed to Teach (B2T) empowers Christian Patriots with Truth!
Gene is back with an update on the war with the Cabal and events in China and around the world. Then we finish up the decode of Underground Bases in Amsterdam!
Gene details out the underground war in China and potential weather weapons of tornados the white hats may be using on China.
Our Netherland coordinator Hanna helps Gene with pronunciation and gives us more insight to all these forts and potential entrances to underground bases.
We end with scripture discussing the narrow path and how we are saved by grace through faith and then with prayers by both Rick and Gene.
Fun video Gene played backstage:Click Here to Join Rick Backstage here >>
Scroll Down now for the Show Notes!
Gene Decode on Netherlands
Fort at the Liebrug:
Since the 1970s, the fort has been used by security transport company Brink’s. The old drawbridge was replaced by an access dam so that the fort became accessible for the heavy transport vehicles. The interior of the fort was also adapted so that money could be counted and stored safely. With the arrival of Brinks, the fort was nicknamed “Fort Knox”, after an army post in the United States where a lot of gold is stored. In 2003 Brinks moved to another location. Nowadays a wine import is established.
Fort at the Liede:
Fort aan de Liede has a longer history than the other forts of the Defence Line of Amsterdam. During the First World War, a few concrete casemates were built on the fort site. There are few remnants of the military past on the current fort site.
Fort at Heemstede:
After 1926, the front position was no longer used. Part of it was cleared to make room for the construction of business premises. In 2004, a neighbourhood park was created that includes part of the fort. The eight bunkers are covered with grass but can still be clearly seen.
Voorstelling at Vijfhuizen:
The Voorstelling at Vijfhuizen was a defence work along the Cruquiusdijk at Vijfhuizen as an additional trench representation for Fort at Vijfhuizen. It was part of the Defence Line of Amsterdam.
The performance consists of 20 small bunkers spread over the site with extra posts for heavy artillery at the corners of the site.
Big Spotters Hill is a grassy hill made in 2002 in the shape of a square pyramid at Vijfhuizen in Haarlemmermeer. The hill is located at the Geniedijk and the Drie Merenweg (N205), southwest of Vijfhuizen and north of Hoofddorp.
The Geniedijk Haarlemmermeer is a 12-kilometer-long Geniedijk straight through the entire Haarlemmermeer, which was constructed between 1888 and 1903.
Fort at Vijfhuizen:
The fort still has a beautifully restored Genieloods from 1897. This is the last remaining metal Genieloods of the Defence Line of Amsterdam. The shed was used to store cannons that could be used elsewhere in the Defence Line.
The fort at Vijfhuizen was the testing ground for the original planting. Partly for this reason, the Military Tree Nursery was located here. The goal was to grow trees (and shrubs) to use on and near the fortresses.
Today the fortress island is a presentation institution for visual art. In the current artistic program, the themes that converge at Kunstfort near Vijfhuizen are deepened: military heritage and artificial nature – and by extension ecology, dystopia and (fictional) defence systems. The programming is inspired by science fiction.
Batterij aan de IJweg:
Much of the fort has been demolished. A powder magazine is still present under an earthen mound. Since 1978, the sculpture De Verrekijker has been standing on top of the hill.
Fort at Hoofddorp:
In the Second World War, the fort was used by the Luftwaffe as a horse care place. After the war, it served as an internment camp for political offenders for two years. In the first years after the war, the fort watchman’s house and the engineer shed were demolished. After that it was used as a warehouse by the Dutch Air Force for a while.
Battery at the Sloterweg:
Until 1977, a section along the Geniedijk towards the Kick Pruijs Bridge was used for ammunition storage by Eurometaal. The fort is in its original condition and the fort is currently not in use. Eurometaal is one of the leading ammunitions producing companies of the Netherlands.
Fort at Aalsmeer:
The earthenware of the fortress island dates from the years 1890-1895. The bombproof buildings were built 10 years later, and the fort was completed in 1905. The fort is of an A-type with two detached buildings for lifting turret guns and a front building that is connected to the main building by a postern. The lift dome buildings are in good condition. Just like Fort bij Vijfhuizen, the fort was given a double front moat. During the mobilization of the First World War, the fort was manned, there was room for about 280 men. The fort was restored in 1996. The fire brigade has used part of the main building as a training center and traces of this are still visible. The fire brigade stopped the exercises in 2006. Since 2009, the CRASH Air War and Resistance Museum ’40 -’45 can be visited in the fort.
In the front wall of the fort are two double gun emplacements with concrete waiting areas for the crew. From 1972 the fort site was used by Vafamil as a marina for holiday-keeping soldiers. In 2009 it was decided that the land used by the foundation will be divested. After the departure of Vafamil, management is in the hands of ESA, an organization that manages almost all indoor sports accommodations in the municipality. The municipality was looking for candidates who want to use the fort from the beginning of 2016. The tender was won by Sebalt International BV, which wants to turn it into a water sports fortress with a hotel, conference rooms, restaurant, maritime cafe, marina and event location. The fort will be expanded with extra hotel and conference capacity and an underground parking garage.
Fort at De Kwakel:
Fort at the Drecht:
After the Second World War it became a repository for anti-tank mines. In 1978 the municipality of Uithoorn took over the fort. After many years of vacancy, it was renovated in 2000 and the fort is now a multi-company building.
Fort bij Uithoorn:
After the war, the fort was used as a warehouse, the fort watchman’s house was rebuilt in 1950 and in 1959 it was decided to close the fortification. In the seventies and eighties of the 20th century, the fort was used by the secret organization B. Its purpose was to provide strategic information to the Dutch government in exile in the event of a Soviet invasion.
The site is closed with gates, but in September the fort can be visited for three weekends.
The fort remained militarily relevant for 40 years and on October 28, 1951, it was disbanded as a fortification. The fort is in a reasonable condition and partly restored in 2015. Inside, many authentic details have been preserved, including the sanitary facilities. Both lifting dome buildings were destroyed during the Second World War by the German occupier who needed the steel for their own war industry.
Fort Waver-Amstel is now owned by the Vereniging Natuurmonumenten and a wine storage facility is located there.
This fort is the only fort of the Defence Line of which the defensible earthwork from 1895 has been preserved. The weak peat soil made it necessary to reinforce the soil with large amounts of sand. The sand body was transformed into defensible earthwork with gun emplacements. The wide flooding made good defence possible here, so that the construction of concrete buildings was postponed and in the end was not done.
The fort is currently owned by Vereniging Natuurmonumenten.
Fort at the Winkel:
The fort was never finished, it remained a defensible earthwork with gun emplacements. The foundation of the air watch tower built in 1952 is still located on the fort site. By Royal Decree of October 28, 1959, the fort was abolished as a fortification. The whole is a monument.
Fort at Abcoude
The fort is still almost completely intact, and the wooden engineering shed behind the fort is partly used as a clubhouse for a fishing club. The fort has been renovated by boys who are difficult to educate, in a project of the Stichting Herstelling. It was owned by the municipality of Abcoude, but was transferred to the Vereniging Natuurmonumenten on May 16, 2006.
Fort at Nigtevecht:
Since 1987, the fort and the surrounding grounds of 17 hectares have been owned by the Vereniging Natuurmonumenten. In 2001-2006 the fort was refurbished by Stichting Herstelling, which included renewing the bitumen layer on the roof. On August 22, 2002, Queen Beatrix, accompanied by Mayor Cohen of Amsterdam, paid an unexpected visit to the fort and the employees of the Restoration Foundation.
Fort at Hinderdam:
“‘t Fort by den Hinderdam”, 1675,
The fort is now owned by Natuurmonumenten. It has an ecological purpose and is therefore not accessible.
Fort at Uitermeer:
The fort has long lost its military function. Little remains of the original fort; the moat is still there and of the buildings only the tower fortress and a cannon depot remain.
Front of the gun depot. Built in 1874 and not demolished in the 1950s.
Torenfort at the Ossenmarkt, Weesp:
The fort, which also included the preserved wooden engineering shed, was defended twice: during the mobilizations of 1870-1871 (Franco-Prussian War) and 1914-1918 (First World War). When fully occupied, the fort housed 232 men. After the Second World War, the fort lost its defensive function. From 1985 it was refurbished and made suitable for peaceful reuse. The earth cover was excavated, and the moat and bridge were restored. The Kreatieve Groep Weesp, a music school and the Historical Circle Weesp are located in Fort aan de Ossenmarkt. The engineering shed from 1877 now houses an exhibition space.
Muizerfort / Vesting Muiden:
During the mobilization of 1914-1918, about 100 soldiers were stationed at the fort. As the Second World War approached, the fort was reinforced and manned. In 1973 the fort was released by the Ministry of Defence. The Vesting Muiden visitor center has been located there since 2018. An escape room was also established in the fort in 2019.
The fort was still used during the mobilization of the First World War. After this war it quickly fell out of use. In the Second World War it played no role in the defence of the Netherlands. Later in the war, the Wehrmacht placed anti-aircraft guns there. A sea scout group has used the fort since 1973. In June 1999 the municipality of Muiden bought the Westbatterij.
The fort is owned by Vereniging Natuurmonumenten. An extensive overhaul was started in 2014. Window and brickwork of the three military buildings have been completely restored and are now open to the public. In the former powder house is an exhibition about the fort and the surrounding area.
Fort Diemerdam was abolished as a fortification in 1954 by Royal Decree. The Defence Line in its entirety is protected as a monument and has been on the UNESCO list of World Heritage since 1996. Stadsherstel Amsterdam has been working on the restoration of the buildings and the fort site from 2012 onwards.
After the German capitulation, the island was still used by the mine clearance service. Ammunition that could no longer be defused was detonated there. On October 9, 1952, the fort was abandoned as a fortification by Royal Decree.
The main building was renovated in 2007 and provided with new domes. The original domes were made of steel, the current domes consist of wood with a water-resistant layer. The inner fort was partially renovated at the end of 2007 and furnished for museum purposes.
Coastal battery at Durgerdam
Coastal battery at Durgerdam is a fortification of the Defence Line of Amsterdam on the Vuurtoreneiland in the IJmeer.
A bombproof building and a coastal battery were constructed on the island in 1883. Together with Fort Pampus and Fort Diemerdam, it had to defend Amsterdam against attacks from the Zuiderzee. There were three-gun platforms and four ammunition bunkers. Each bunker is divided into two rooms and consists of four niches in which ammunition was stored. The barracks consists of 14 rooms for the officers and men, which are partly connected by a corridor. Under the rooms are water cellars.
Fort at Schiphol:
Fort at Schiphol was a fort in the Haarlemmermeer that was built during the reclamation of the Haarlemmermeer to supplement the Posten van Krayenhoff for the defence of Amsterdam. Later, the fort within the Defence Line of Amsterdam became the base of the military airfield Schiphol, which grew into Schiphol Airport.
There used to be a Cold War shelter in the parking garage under the De Wetering apartment complex
Bible Memory Verse
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this isnot from yourselves, it
is the gift of God, not by works, so that noone can boast.